The list of 20 semi-finalists in the annual WesBank SAGMJ (South African Guild of Motoring Journalists) Car of the Year (COTY) competition were announced today (9 October 2014). These are the cars that will compete to make the list of finalists, one of which will ultimately win the title of 2015 WesBank / SAGMJ Car of the Year.
As you will see from the list, the candidates comprise a cross-section of models announced over the last year, from the entry-level to premium market.
Listed in alphabetical order, this is the short-list as selected by SAGMJ COTY jury members.
- Audi A3 Sedan 1.4T SE S Tronic
- BMW M235i Coupe
- BMW M4 Coupe Auto
- Citroën C4 Picasso e-HDi 115 Intensive
- Honda Accord 3.5 V6 Exclusive
- Hyundai Grand i10 1.25 Fluid
- Infiniti Q50 3.5 V6 S Hybrid RWD
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Dynamic
- Lexus ES 250 EX
- Mercedes Benz C-Class C200 auto
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class S500
- MINI Cooper Hatch
- Nissan Qashqai 1.6dCi Acenta auto
- Porsche Macan S Diesel
- Renault Duster 1.5dCi Dynamique 4WD
- Renault New Sandero Turbo Dynamique 66kW
- Subaru WRX Premium
- Toyota Corolla 1.4D-4D Prestige
- Volkswagen Golf R 2.0 TSI DSG
- Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI 81kw Highline DSG
The list of finalists, selected from the list above, will be announced on 23 October 2014.