The @algoarallyclub starts off the 2017 season tomorrow (18 March) with The Valley Bash. This is round one of the Algoa Rally Club R50k Challenge and the start is scheduled to take place in the Baakens River Valley in Port Elizabeth.
If you want to make the best of what’s left of the summer weather, the Valley Bash provides a number of activities if you don’t want to follow the competitors to the various stages of the rally.
According to the programme for the day, the activities scheduled in the valley run as follows:
- 08:00 Documentation – Bridge Street Brewery
- 10:15 Parade lap
- 10:35 – 11:30 ARC Rally cars
- 11:45 – 12:15 JamJar Car Demo
- 12:30 – 13:00 KTM Stunt Bikes
- 13:00 – 14:00 LUNCH (Peddle car fun on the stage)
- 14:00 – 14:30 Enduro Bike Races
- 14:45 – 15:15 KTM Stunt Bikes
- 15:30 – 16:00 Enduro Bike Races
- 16:40 ARC Rally cars return
If you would rather follow the rally cars along the nine stage route, that schedule is set as below:
- SS1 – Bridge Street Brewery 1 10:45
- SS2 – Algoa Steel 11:24
- SS3 – Port Elizabeth Oval Track Raceway (PEOTR) 1 11:45
- SS4 – RDG (PEOTR) 12:40
- SS5 – PEOTR 2 12:56
- SS6 – Webhelper.co.za (Motherwell) 1 14:20
- SS7 -Webhelper.co.za (Motherwell) 2 15:16
- SS8 – Bridge Street Brewery 2 16:47
- SS9 – Bridge Street Brewery 3 17:10
The Algoa Rally Club is the regional rally championship, with local teams competing for overall Eastern Cape honours for the year. The entry list for this first round currently stands at 18, with a diversity of cars including Volkswagen Golf and Polo models as well as a couple of Datsuns and Ford Escorts.
Details on the event – and documentation like the programme, entry list and GPS co-ordinates can be found on the Algoa Rally Club website in the downloads section.